Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Blessed and Special

So in contrast to my previous post, I'm blessed. There are some people out there that care about me. Nothing makes me happier than when someone I don't know that well has a high opinion of me. "Truth is" or "To be honest" status annoy some people. Not me as much though. Some people are really thoughtful. People that I know but am not necessarily friends with have written some really kind things about me: things that not even my friends or family would ever even say about me. Haha, I suppose that's because they don't know me that well. But moments like these restore faith in myself, like maybe I'm not as horrible of a person as I think I am. That maybe I am beautiful. Maybe I am smart. Maybe I am nice. If someone else thinks so, maybe it's true. I feel so awful sometimes too because these people that compliment me, I never would've said the same things about them. I'm a highly cynical and judgmental person. I don't want to be, but I am. There are some decent people out in the world.
And then I have this wonderful friend who treats me like royalty. I avoid him a lot though. Sometimes I need space. But I do have a few really good people in my life. Sometimes I can just become so absorbed in my own misery I fail to acknowledge the good things I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts of any kind are appreciated!