Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Being Happy For Others

I have a hard time being happy for others. I'm a rather self-centered person most of the time. It's hard for me to accept that there are people out there that are better than me at certain things, even though I already know it. Writing is a good example. I am in no way the greatest writer to ever life. I'm better than some people though, and at times I think I let that go to my head. Then when I read work by other people, sometimes I'll just feel downright ashamed. I'll realize how talented others are compared to me, and how I should be working harder and be more focused so that I can be that good too. I guess all I really want to say is that I'm sorry. I'll try to work harder, but not to out-do anyone, but to do my best.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, don't feel so sad! I'm probably more miserable than you are... and may I ask what religion you are (or is it have?)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( I hope you're not feeling too sad either!
    I am Roman Catholic.

    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts of any kind are appreciated!