Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Offensive Crap

So I got pretty ticked off this afternoon. I was in my theology class, we were split up into groups. I just happened to be in a group of people I don't like. None of them had done the assignment. One guy asked what to put for the summary. Another answered stereotypical events of the Bible in an offensive manner, then added "a bunch of stupid ******* ******** like that". I was appalled. We're talking about the Bible! How could someone, in a theology class say such a thing? Then he had to add how boring the Bible is, how pointless the class is, and all sorts of other things. It just made me insanely upset. I'm not the most devout Christian in the world, but that just really bothered me. Then more inappropriate comments came from other people in the class, and I really don't care to even talk about it, it just made me so angry! I haven't gotten this worked up about my classmates in a while. I'd say I'm an incredibly tolerant person on the outside, but I was really close to losing it. It doesn't do any good to stand up and cuss them out though. Maybe I should have told them off a bit, but I don't like making enemies. They don't care for me anyways though, so maybe I just should have. All I know is, is that the youth has a horrible lack of respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts of any kind are appreciated!