Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

"I'll always be here for you" ?

Okay, it bothers me how people always say "I'm here for you!"
K.
Like, yeah, if you broke up with someone they'd chat with you for an hour or so to get the dirt so they could tell all their friends. Maybe it's cynical, maybe there's people better than that out there.
It's just angering how to get people's attention something horrible has to happen.
If I ask how you are, you should ask me back in return. We're probably not going to have a very good conversation if I ask how you are. You say good. I ask what you're doing. You say nothing. It just doesn't work. I don't know why half the time stuff like that happens when that person swears you mean the world to them. If I matter so much, can't you ask how I am? What if I really need to talk to you, I feel really crappy, but I'm not going to just come out right away and cry "I feel like a depressed sack of crap and I need to talk to you." No. It doesn't work like that. Now you'll never know. Now you'll never know.
If you say you have someone's back, you always need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts of any kind are appreciated!