Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

I've never really been a fan of Thanksgiving. It always just seemed like an excuse to eat food. You might ask what's wrong with that. Haha, nothing really. I never liked being asked "what are you thankful for?" because I'd never be able to think of anything. Yes, I'm an ungrateful brat. I rarely say thank you. I've always been been this way. I'm not a fan of holidays in general. They're focused on spending time with family and I've never been all that close to any of my family members, so it would always feel empty and lonely. But this year, I'm a little older, arguably wiser, and I'd just like to say a few things I'm thankful for. First and for most, I'd like to acknowledge that I'm thankful for simply being alive, having the opportunity to live out my dreams, the chance to love. I'm thankful for my health. I'm thankful to be living the the U.S. of A. I'm thankful for having it as good as I do even though I rarely realize or appreciate it. I'm thankful for some time off of school, the new trimester coming up, and some time to write. I'm thankful for all the prayers God has answered for me, and most of all I am thankful that I have such a loving God in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts of any kind are appreciated!