Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Recital

Hey, I have a new blog called Dream Status, check it out! : http://magdalena-dreamstatus.blogspot.com/

So today I've done a lot and nothing. I have finals coming up, but all I ended up doing was getting nearly a foot of hair chopped off, playing guitar, procrastinating online, and going to my guitar recital. I've been in three recitals before and they always really stress me out. I practice the piece for months. When playing music in front of people I flip out. I always butcher the songs I have played perfectly before.
It's a pretty amazing feeling though to go up in front of people who are all cheering for you and only want you to succeed! It's also a great feeling when people tell you you played beautifully. Tonight I played 2 songs. The first I completely messed up, I played almost all wrong notes, but I made it through. The second song I actually played well. It was dedicated to my family. For some reason when I played it all my tension went away. Maybe it was because it was for them, not me. When I watched the video of my songs later, I came to accept that I hadn't done that bad.  I've realized tonight/today though that people do love me, they do care, I should lighten up a bit. I shouldn't be afraid to be myself, because most people are on my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts of any kind are appreciated!