Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I can almost see the chains linking me to you

I hold the key, not you

But I’m so used to these restrictions by now

I’m used to bending down to you,

Yearning for you attention, For your praise


I’m sorry that I’m not good enough for you,

Even though I give you everything you want

I know I’m not meant for you,

But you’re all I have


I should move on,

I should be strong,

We’d both be just fine on our own,

But you chain me to you with those words,

The ones you don’t even know you say,

But speak to my heart.


I know I'm young,

I know I'm dumb,

but how you treat me still matters


I don't know if we're friends or not anymore, if we ever were,

if it was just a convenient word to describe us, or what,

but friend is a noun, not an adjective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts of any kind are appreciated!