Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Let Down

 Dear (insert name here),
You've really disappointed me this time. You gave me your word, you sounded so sure, you talked this up. But then you didn't make any effort. You failed me. Again. Time flies by, I thought you'd know this by now.
"What did you do today?"
"Nothing, just wasting time."
Is wasting time more important than spending time with me, responding to me, one of your "closest" friends?
Now our time is up, and I know I should give up on you, but somehow you always pull me back in. I feel guilty for blaming you every time. But this is really on you this time. I wasn't the one making promises I couldn't keep.
"I can't forgive myself if I don't make it up to you!"
You're going to be feeling guilty for quite a while now, aren't you, that is if you even remember that you said that to me.
I know that you're scatter-brained, but you're driving me insane. How many more excuses can I make for you? It's time you keep your promises or don't make them, figure out what your priorities are.
I won't let this be the end though, you matter too much to me, so I'll let this go, but I'll never forget. A miracle could still turn this around for you, but I hadn't expected much to begin with, I can't let myself with you. It'll be okay though. It's not the end of the world. This isn't the end of us yet.
Sincerely,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts of any kind are appreciated!