Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

What it is

It's funny how love is everything and nothing that you expect it to be. You have someone, but they let you down. You can talk to them, but you can't always be with them. They might have nice eyes or whatever, but they're not your prince charming in any way shape or form. You always wanted a guy with bright blonde hair. Your man's is dark blonde. It sounds shallow, but you can't help but thinking that as happy as you are half the time, your love is nothing like you thought or you wanted it to be.
We're all human though, and that's why our love fails. Only God's Love is truly unconditional and pure. We have all of our own needs, desires, wants, gnawing at our souls trying to pull us down deeper into ourselves and further from consideration and love for others.
So love will never perfect here on earth. A harsh reality. But think about all those cute things he's told you, about all the plans you two have made, think about it all...it might be the best you'll get while you're here. Might as well try to make the most of it.
I was listening to "Everything I Ask For" by The Maine. These lyrics sorta reminded me of what I've been thinking about this evening:
"I don't know what (he) sees in me
But I'm happy that (he's) happy now
That (he's) with me
And I'm freakin' out
Because I'm just so lucky


Oh (he) makes me feel like shit
It's always something
But I can't get over it
(he) thinks it's nothing
Because (he's)
Everything I ask for
Everything I ask for
And just a little bit more
Everything I ask for
Everything I ask for
And so much more"


Love is confusing, but if it wasn't, it wouldn't be love.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts of any kind are appreciated!