Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Just Getting Started: Color

Hello all!
This is my first blog post thing...I'm new to all of this, and I'm sure I'm already boring you!
Terribly sorry, anyhow, I thought today would be a good day to start a blog.
Why today?
Today is one of those days when you just freak out. You lose it. You think about all the things that bother you. It's a dark day, a dark time, even though it's brilliantly sunny out.
I don't like giving into dark thoughts, but it happens far too often.
I've said it time and time again, but starting today,things will be different.
Not even will be, things are different.


I know that even though things seem rough right now, I'm not alone. I'm not the only one who feels crappy and bothered by everything. As The Maine sing in their song "Color"  (which is sort of the song of the day for me): "Everyone feels broken sometimes."
It's a simple line, but a very true line. As I listened to the song, which I've posted above, which does have quite a nice video, I wish I knew how to make videos like that, all I could think about was how true the song was.
Some little messages the song gives to me are that sometimes you just have to tell yourself, yes, things are sucky, but you can't let them hold you down, or your whole life is going to be sucky. You just have to get over yourself and try to be happy. There are beautiful things in life, you just have to look for them. You need to stay constantly inspired. Ultimately life for all of us is a search for happiness. A lot of things don't seem fair, but we just have to accept that. You have to change things for yourself if you want your condition to improve. Life is all about taking action. Some people are going to treat you like dirt, but you might as well just be as polite as you can be to them. At least, maybe it'll tick them off. You have to be the best person you can be. Don't stoop to their level. One day you'll find someone who will see you for who you really are. Life won't just be fine anymore, it'll be great. Until then we might need to suffer through mediocrity, but we have to make the most of it. We need to put some color into our lives. We can paint whatever picture we want.

I do thank you for reading and hope that you'll read again!
Thoughts and comments are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts of any kind are appreciated!