Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Is it just me?

Is my failure due to myself? Do I not succeed because I'm not confident?
"You have all day to think about it!" they say.
"But what good does thinking about it do?!" I ask.
Thinking has everything to do with it.
It makes me think of the lyric I was listening to just last night:
"What do you say to someone who's right, but you disagree even if it's the truth?"
("Decipher Reflections From Reality" by Playradioplay!)
Every action requires thought. I know that attitude, thought, mindset, has to do with everything. But you can never know until you actually physically try, right?
If I convince myself that I'm going to ace a test, that doesn't just mean I'm going to ace it. I need to put the effort of studying in.
In the fourth volume of the manga Papillon by Miwa Ueda, in the bonus pages things like this are discussed. If you have no doubts you can live life as you dream it. If you think "I hope this doesn't happen," it's going to happen because you're focusing specifically on that, not what you actually want.
These are interesting notions. I need to try to focus more on what I want in life rather than what I don't. Time to sort out my priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts of any kind are appreciated!